sunnuntai 11. lokakuuta 2015

Ich habe mein Hertz in Heidelberg verloren etc.

In 2007 I went to Heidelberg for the first time, in 2010 I had to return. It was a bit weird that I never ended up going there two years ago during my exchange, but now, two years later, I did. The main street running the length of the Altstadt was as nice as always, gothic-renaissance castle was still picturesque and the whole cityscape seen from up the castle still managed to give me the same feels as it did eight years ago. This city is simply great. And actually one of my dreams has always been one day to be able to live there, and now since some people I know and care about do, I have a chance to actually get a taste of it.





And who knows where life takes you. I have a lot to get back to in Finland but walking exactly these streets make me believe in a life bigger than Helsinki, bigger than what your relatives or anyone else expects of you, richer than fulfilling your own pre-constructed expectations on post-university life. Right now after just returning from HD, I genuinely wanna believe I can keep the people and things I love from Finland and still manage to find my own happiness here, Stuttgart, Heidelberg, anywhere, it shouldn't matter. Having loved ones is all about connections, knowing and trusting in something staying, being there for you. It shouldn't be something that holds you back, makes you sacrifice and give things up completely. Or what do you think?

We can live like Jack and Sally /If we want /Where you can always find me /And we'll have Halloween on Christmas /And in the night we'll wish this never ends /We'll wish this never ends

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti