sunnuntai 25. syyskuuta 2016

Weekend trips within 45min distance from home

Speyer is a blameless, idyllic little town on the Middle Rhine, which I do recommend to visit if you are in the region. You have the basic German pattern: old houses in the centre, newer houses on the way to the main station and a cozy main square filled with restaurants and cafes. Speyer is also known for its extraordinary catherdral , much damaged and much repaired, a thousand -year-old survivor of a lost civilization (or so I found myself thinking when spotting the fragments and traces of reformation). A nice German town just needs to have the above mentioned things. And one of the great European rivers flowing through it, obviously. Rhein also seemed bluer than usual that day.



So, what else... One weekend later we went to Ladenburg with my friends. The town, once again a beautiful tiny entity of fachwerk houses and an old town idyll, seemed to be packed like never before. The reason: a festival taking place only once a year. So amidst the ocean of food stands and pop-up bars we tried to enjoy the ,+33c day without getting squeezed too much. I mean the old town streets, dodges a Londoner would say, are very narrow. But I do love German festivals. There's always imbiss, beer and good vibes. What I could live without though are the unnecessarily high drink deposits. You might have to pay a "Pfand" of 2-3 euros for a simple plastic cup. 

And life outside free time chilling: work, home office, shopping tiny deco items to make my flat look cozier, running, gym and a bit more running. I have always been a runner, but never ever have I known that I could be this much into up-hill running. Not until I discovered the Odenwald hills here. And after simultaneously performing one sort of summer cleaning on my diet here (aka tiny portions of everything, hell of a lot of protein and water, no sugar or other crap for that matter) some real satisfying results from the workouts began to emerge. I even lost weight, not muscle it seems, which wasnt even the goal but still gladly welcomed. Very rewarding to see how easy, in a way, it is to shape your body if you just want to. And now that I'm happier (than ever maybe) with the way I look and the way I can do physical things, I am craving for a new hobby here. Pole dancing, some new form of boxing I haven't tried yet... Or some fierce version of pilates. We'll see.

Favourite forms of protein at the moment

Sleep quality during vs before sport/diet reformation

Oh yeah, and last weekend we spent participating this hotel seminary workshop on feedback strategies with my friends (=colleagues). I must say, I haven't slept that well in ages... I mean in the room itself, not the workshop. Ehee.
hi


1 kommentti: